I am serving a two year mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in the Brazil, Porto Alegre North Mission. I post on this blog every week, so check it out to hear about my life as a missionary!

Friday, October 3, 2014

Week 5

This is my last week! I leave the CTM this coming Tuesday. Couldn't be more excited. I'm definitely not ready in terms of the language, but I'm more than ready to get out of the CTM and hit the field. During my last week here, the CTM totally switched up the schedules of all the districts because they were trying a new program. Unfortunately, that changed the day of our P-day. We're super excited for Conference tomorrrow though!
 
It's hard to believe that I've been at the CTM for almosty 6 weeks. In 4 days I'll be landing in Porto Alegre and preaching the gospel! I've heard so many good things about my area. Some of the things that I've been told by instructors that either served there or visited include:
-It's very organized and beautiful
-It's the second coldest area in Brazil (even then it typically only reaches 20 degrees F)
-They use more formal Protuguese
-The people are very aesthetic
-It's a little harder to baptize compared to the rest of Brazil (Some areas you risk pneumonia from being soaking wet in the font all day)
 
One of the scriptures that really hit me this week is in D&C 138:55-56, "I observed... the noble and great ones who were chosen in the beginning to be rulers in the Church of God. Evern before they were born, they, with many others, received their first lessons in the world of spiritis and were prepared to come forth in the due time of the Lord to labor in his vineyard for the salvation of the souls of men." Us members of the church are thos noble and great ones! And we have the responsibility to share the good news of the gospel that we enjoy in our lives with everyone we meet. The missionaries do some great work, but the members are truly a key factor in bringing many souls into the church.
 
I love you all and wish you the best in the week to come! I challenge you all to invite a non-member friend to watch conference with you this weekend; get excited to hear the words of the Prophets!

--
Elder Joseph Andrew
Porto Alegre North Mission
Caixa Postal 13008
CEP 91010-971
Porto Alegre-RS
Brazil

No comments:

Post a Comment