I am serving a two year mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in the Brazil, Porto Alegre North Mission. I post on this blog every week, so check it out to hear about my life as a missionary!

Monday, February 16, 2015

Week 24

The beginning of another transfer brought me a new companion! His name is Élder Lemes, from Campinas, Brazil. I´m excited because he is my first Brazilian companion. Already he has helped me a lot with my Portuguese. So far he has a year and 7 months serving, so he´ll be returning home pretty soon. As we were talking and getting to know each other during the week, we were surprised to learn that we both want to pursue a career in aeronautical engineering, and that we´ve wanted that since the age of 4!

This week we found many new investigators, starting the very first day. Even though it poured rain both day and night for the first 2 days, we didn´t notice it much because we were hard at work. The first thing we did was present the new elder to the members here to gain their trust and help. Then we visited our investigators from the previous transfer and found many new ones on the way.

Despite their busy schedule, we were able to visit Wesley and Christofer this week. They seemed to be hesitant still so we spent a little time building trust and opening them up. It might take a while but we hope to get their parents married and baptize the whole family.

Due to the holiday Carnival, there weren´t very many people in Church yesterday. Almost everyone was traveling. As a result my companion and I taught Sunday School, blessed the sacrament, and both gave talks! It sure makes me grateful for wards when I serve in small branches.

--
Élder Joseph Andrew
Missão Porto Alegre Norte
Caixa Postal 13008
CEP 91010-971
Porto Alegre - RS
BRASIL



NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.


No comments:

Post a Comment