I am serving a two year mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in the Brazil, Porto Alegre North Mission. I post on this blog every week, so check it out to hear about my life as a missionary!

Monday, March 9, 2015

Week 27

On Monday half the Zone ate at McDonalds for lunch. Man I´d never seen such high prices there. The cheapest burger there was R$20 (~8US Dollars). In Brazil it´s more of a fancy restuarant, quite the contrast to the States where they have the dollar menu. I was able to spend R$45 and still be hungry!

Wednesday we had a Zones Conference in Porto Alegre. Half of the zones were there, with the other half meeting on Thursday. We woke up at 4am to travel by bus and arrive at the designated chapel in Porto Alegre at 9. During the conference we received training and instruction to help us be better missionaries. One of the presentations was by the president of the health department for all the missionaries in Brazil. At the end both President and Sister Wright talked to us. In between their comments, Sister Wright played the violin while President Wright played the piano. It was the best rendition of "I Know My Redeemer Lives" that I´ve ever heard. I´m bummed because I will only have one more conference with them before they head home in July.

The next day my companion had a really bad stomach pain that took a while to be relieved, so we ended up spending a few day at home. After it became almost unbearable he asked me to give him a blessing, the second one he´s ever head in his life. Right after the blessing his condition improved rapidly, with the worst pain leaving immediately. Faith really works miracles. Unbelievably, when he´d improved to a point where we could return to work, I caught a nasty cold that hindered us further. 

On Sunday we were able to bring a good amount of our investigatros to church. To our surprise, Christofer (Wesley´s older brother) showed up out of nowhere and attended all the meetings without having been encouraged by anyone. We´re hoping this means he´s having a change of heart and becoming more open to what we have to teach him. He could make a good missionary and bishop someday. I hope we can help him chose the right path.

--
Élder Joseph Andrew
Missão Porto Alegre Norte
Caixa Postal 13008
CEP: 91010-971
Porto Alegre - RS
BRASIL



NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.


No comments:

Post a Comment