I am serving a two year mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in the Brazil, Porto Alegre North Mission. I post on this blog every week, so check it out to hear about my life as a missionary!

Monday, August 18, 2014

My Farewell

Thank you to everyone who came to my farewell and open house this past Sunday! It was so nice to see everyone before I leave this next week. I will be flying out of the Salt Lake airport on Tuesday the 26th and arrive at the MTC in Brazil the following day.

Here are a few facts about the Brazilian MTC (pictured above):
Presided over by: President and Sister Swenson
Home to: Excellent cafeteria, a gymnasium, walking track, weight room, and garden areas around the grounds of the MTC for outdoor study
Capacity: 646 Missionaries
Dedicated: May 1997 by Elder Russell M. Nelson
And it is the second biggest MTC as well as the largest Church-owned building outside the United States. I am excited to arrive!

In case you weren't able to make it to my farewell, here's a link to my talk.

--
Elder Joseph Andrew
Porto Alegre North Mission
Caixa Postal 13008
CEP 91010-971
Porto Alegre-RS
Brazil

No comments:

Post a Comment