I am serving a two year mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in the Brazil, Porto Alegre North Mission. I post on this blog every week, so check it out to hear about my life as a missionary!

Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Week 1

This week has been amazing! I love it here at the CTM in Brazil. Unfortunately we don't have a lot of time here so I won't be able to say much. I hope to be able to say more about Brazil next week. I learned this week from Elder Faust that there are 2 kinds of missionaries, those who are sent to Brazil, and those who wish they had. I couldn't agree more! I won't be able to attach any pictures until I'm out of the CTM. As I have been studying the gospel and Portuguese this week, a scripture in Doctrine and Covenants stood out to me. It says, "For it shall come to pass in that day, that every man shall hear the fulness of the gospel in his own tongue, and in his own language, through those who are ordained unto this power, by the administragtion of the Comforter." (D&C 90:11; see also Helaman 5:18 and 2 Nephi 31:3) I love that scripture because it really stood out to me and gave me strength this week. And for those of you who knew Elder Dawson who served in Moab a few months ago, I saw him at the MTC a few days ago because he finally got his Visa! I am very appreciative of the love and support every one has shown me, and I pray for you as well! For those who would like to write me a letter, my address at the MTC for the next 5 weeks is:
 
Elder Joseph Andrew
Porto Alegre North Mission
Rua Padre Antònio D`Angelo, 121
Casa Verde - São Paulo, SP
02516-040
Brazil
 
Keep the faith!
~Elder Andrew

No comments:

Post a Comment