I am serving a two year mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in the Brazil, Porto Alegre North Mission. I post on this blog every week, so check it out to hear about my life as a missionary!

Monday, November 17, 2014

Week 11

Every Sunday I'm reminded of the importance of attending church. It can be a struggle to get investigators to church sometimes and it's always hard to see a recent convert become less-active. Church is the heart of this Church! We need the strengthening of our testimonies, we need to be nourished by the good word of God by inspired teachers, and most importantly, we need the cleansing power of the sacrament.

This Sunday we confirmed the young woman we baptized last week. As I sat in sacrament meeting I reflected on how she had arrived at this point. She was actually a reference from a member, which made her conversion even stronger. As members we should definitely do our part in missionary work by working with our friends. They are the most likely to be truly converted.

Well it's a new transfer tomorrow, and we just learned that I will be leaving Ivoti and heading to Porto Alegre bright and early in the morning to meet with all the other missionaries being transferred. There I will learn where my new area is and meet up with my new companion! I also had the opportunity to eat chicken heart on some pizza this past week. Elder Nielson loves it but I don't think I'll go back for seconds in the future. I wish you all well and hope you find success this coming week!

--
Elder Joseph Andrew
Porto Alegre North Mission
Caixa Postal 13008
CEP 91010-971
Porto Alegre-RS
Brazil

No comments:

Post a Comment