I am serving a two year mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in the Brazil, Porto Alegre North Mission. I post on this blog every week, so check it out to hear about my life as a missionary!

Monday, May 11, 2015

Week 36

So last Monday when we used the computers to email our family, we also received an email from the mission home telling us who would be transferred. When I read the list, I didn´t find my name. However, 5 minutes later one of the Assistants called me and told me that I would indeed be transferred! The next day I was sad to leave Élder Lemes, but in the bus station we learned where we would be going and who would be our next companion. I was assigned to Feitoria in the São Leopoldo Zone with Élder Moreira.

On our way to the area we got to know each other and I learned that he´s the youngest in his family, only member, and from São Paulo. Because of his example, his family will be his last baptisms at the end of his mission! When we arrived at the house, he showed me something I had written in his notebook 2 transfers ago when we´d been in the same Zone. I had written "I hope that we will be able to work together in the future," and 3 months later my hope was realized! In this area there is a ward (instead of a branch like Vera Cruz) full of members that love to help us. We´ve already made great friends with all of them and they´re excited for this transfer because they know that we´ll do a lot together.

On Thursday we had a Zone Meeting and we had our last interviews with President Wright. The next one will be with President Campos after July. While there I saw my old companion Élder Diamond and we talked about our time in Carazinho. From him I heard the wonderful news that a less active member named Giovani that we´d worked with a lot is now active! We had done many Family Home Evenings with his family in our transfer there. After we´d left he put his life in order, got active, married the woman he was living with and she is planning her baptism shortly. From what Élder Diamond said, that family only talks about us every Sunday.

On Sunday we ended our week with the baptism of one of our investigators. She is a young woman that is incredibly intelligent. We´d been teaching her that week and she had memorized everything because she wanted to pass the interview so bad. Because my companion was feeling really sick, I baptized her. To top off the week we were able to Skype our families for Mother´s Day! I was told by my companion that I speak English like a Brazilian, and I struggled a few times to find the right word while talking with my family. I have a firm testimony that The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is true. He lives!

--
Élder Joseph Andrew
Missão Porto Alegre Norte
Caixa Postal 13008
CEP: 91010-971
Porto Alegre - RS
BRASIL



NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.


No comments:

Post a Comment