I am serving a two year mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in the Brazil, Porto Alegre North Mission. I post on this blog every week, so check it out to hear about my life as a missionary!

Monday, November 2, 2015

Week 61

I don´t think I´ve ever felt so tired as I did this week. We had to walk to each corner of the city so many times during the week that each time we arrived home we slept as quickly as possible. Lagoa Vermelha sure could use a bus system. In the middle of the week on our way back to the center of the town we came across this awesome scene:

Sunset in Lagoa Vermelha
 We had planned to have 2 baptisms this Saturday but after they passed their interviews they informed us that they´d travel for the weekend and wouldn´t be here when we´d planned the baptism. So we added them to another baptismal service planned for Tuesday, my birthday!

During an FHE with Almeri and Elisandro (our next couple we´re getting married) we taught them about the Holy Ghost and Elisandro, who was an atheist, shed a few tears during the lesson. He is very sensitive to the Spirit and I always enjoy teaching them because they pay a ton of attention just like Cristina and Vanderlei did.

 I felt pretty proud of the young men I´d baptized this Sunday when I saw them all dressed up with white shirts and ties passing the sacrament. They did it perfectly and the branch felt the Spirit strongly as they did it reverently and exactly how they´d practiced beforehand.

The newest Deacon's quorum: Mateus, Igor, and Henry
As this Sunday was Fast and Testimony Meeting we had the opportunity to listen to the testimonies of many members. I was especially touched when Vanderlei, Cristina, and Cauan got up to bear their testimonies after a hard week they´d had spiritually. Cristina was brought to tears and the Spirit was strong as they bore their testimonies. I love the testimonies of recent converts.

Because there were so many people that bore their testimonies, my companion and I didn´t get a chance to join in. I´d like to share part of my testimony here. I know that this is Christ´s church. He speaks to all of us through the Holy Ghost and through His living prophet Thomas S. Monson. The Atonement is real, through it lives can be changed and sins can be washed clean. Jesus Christ is our Saviour. He brought forth the Book of Mormon to guide us through this tumultuous life. I know that Joseph Smith was a Prophet. Most of all, I know that Jesus Christ lives!

No comments:

Post a Comment