I am serving a two year mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in the Brazil, Porto Alegre North Mission. I post on this blog every week, so check it out to hear about my life as a missionary!

Monday, November 9, 2015

Week 62

This week was pretty awesome because it was my birthday on Tuesday! In the morning we had District Meeting and the sisters made some cake and sweet bread for me. The day before I ate at a really good pizzaria called Somare in Passo Fundo. I planned my own party by scheduling a baptism that night. We had an investigator that turned 8 last Saturday and so we celebrated our birthdays together and I baptized him on my birthday!







During the week we also continued in the planning of Elisandro & Almeri's wedding for the 21st of November. They´re super excited and told us how when Elisandro comes home from work they visit a different friend of theirs each day to see how they´re doing, invite them to the wedding, and talk about the church. I love how they´re doing so much missionary work even before their baptism. Just like Vanderlei and Cristina, everyone in the city knows Elisandro and Almeri, so word about the church will get around quickly. It just shows to me how much the Lord wants a ward and in the future a stake here in Lagoa Vermelha.

This week we also found a new neighborhood to work in called Nossa Senhora Aparecida. We met many people with potential and interest. One woman in particular stood out to me. Her name is Suzamar and she has one son. She went to church yesterday and loved it. Every time I looked at her she was concentrated on the speakers, striving to sing the hymns right, and thoroughly enjoying everything about the Church. I know she felt the Spirit strongly. To our dismay, after church she asked us if this church existed in a city 2 hours away. When we told her that it did indeed, she told us that she already had plans to move to that city in the next 2 weeks.

On Sunday Almeri and her daughter Paula who already is a member for 4 months brought Paula´s cousin to church. She loved it as well and we will be teaching her this coming week so that she can be baptized together with Almeri & Elisandro!

No comments:

Post a Comment